Room to Read is a US based international non-profit organization. We envision a world in which all children can pursue a quality education, reach their full potential and contribute to their community and the world. To achieve this goal, we focus on two areas where we believe we can have the greatest impact: literacy and gender equality in education. We work in collaboration with communities and local governments and partner organizations across Asia and Africa to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the life skills they’ll need to succeed in school and beyond. Room to Read currently work in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam, and Zambia. To learn more about Room to Read, please visit www.roomtoread.org.
Room to Read is working in Bangladesh since 2008. We are inviting applications from Bangladeshi nationals to work in the following regular position:
(Based in Dhaka Country Office and Reports to the Program Operations Director)
The Administration Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the organization’s administrative initiatives. This position reports to the Program Operations Director and will supervise three staff.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Deal with legal matters related to Room to Read’s’ operations in Bangladesh
- Deal with yearly project, fund and visit approval processes with NGOAB and other relevant bodies of the government
- Manage third party contracts, cooperation agreements, MOU, policies, partner purchase compliance etc. Oversee all administrative and logistical functions of Room to Read
- Supervise Admin team for ensuring logistics supports and maintain office equipment; and all other administrative issues and support included management of warehouse and IT support services
- Monitor Administrative activities of field offices
- Supervise and support Admin Team to effectively operate all support services, transportation for RtR staff and visitors, and logistics support for training/workshop and traveling etc.
- Ensure proper management of IT infrastructure, including networking, servers, computers, software, telephones, and other IT equipment
- Communicate with Regional and Global Office for administrative and operation policies and requirement and report as per requirement
- Budget Management (AP&B, Quarterly review and forecast, regular tracking, preparing budget)
- Prepare annual procurement plan for all procurement related (program and non-program) as per approved budget in consultation with the program team linking with the program implementation calendar
- Active participation in Purchase Committee Meeting
- Management of Public Bidding Management
- Ensure Vendor Enlisting (review and take received EOIs to CMT for approval)
- Ensure the process of procurement of goods and services for all programs and non-program to be completed in time, as per approved budget and annual procurement plan, with transparent and cost effective manner
- Work with program team to initiate purchase requisitions with detailed specification in order to start the procurement especially bidding process well in advance
- Take part as a committee member to lead all kinds of bidding processes for, printings, office supplies, educational materials, and furniture procurement etc.
- Guide Admin team to do a market survey regularly in order to assess the market trends and to know average costs of material/items needed by RtR, availability of types of goods/materials and services and share the same to the management team
- Maintain market price/rate of all goods/materials that generally RtR purchases and help the program team to prepare the estimation before the procurement process is started
- Obtain and maintain the general practice of procurement process in other similar organizations and local government to ensure RtR procurement norms are accordance with the local statutory requirements. Any difference should be brought to the attention of the management
- Ensure that vendors/suppliers list, with their contract address according to the type of business and trade, is updated regularly
- Update the Country Management Team and Global Office on the status of the procurement process in a monthly regular basis
- Gather feedback from all staff on the implementation of procurement policy/procedures and other administrative policies/guidelines and recommend for changes/contextualization to Global Office for approval
- Master Degree in Administration, Human Resource Management, Management, Procurement, Finance, Accounting or other related fields;
- Minimum 7 years expense in Administration and Procurement works and at least 2 years’ experience as a senior level in a similar size NGO or company.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure;
- Good at reasoning and decision-making,
- Understanding labor law, taxation law, VAT, and other applicable rules and regulations in Bangladesh
- Strong commitment to team management approach, including good managerial, leadership, supervisory, interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Proven integrity and good character especially in the stewardship of resources, transparency and accountability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Computer literate: MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.
- Proven track record of achieving results
- Have cross-cultural working exposure
- Ability to integrate learning opportunities with day-to-day work
- Willing to travel and work at the field if required.
We offer competitive salary. The benefits include:
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Bonus
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities. The most significant benefit is the opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing international organizations, which has sole focus on education & continuously innovating efficient & effective social entrepreneurship
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through https://osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RoomToRead/job/Bangladesh---Main---Dhaka/Administration-Manager_R-00390 on or before 25 October 2017. Any persuasion attempt will disqualify your candidacy.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying & developing
the skills & leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
“Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply”