Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. With its head quarter in Ireland, Concern has been working in Bangladesh since 1972. Concern is initiating a new project in Urban areas titled “Improving the Lives of the Urban Extreme Poor (ILUEP)”. This a multi-sectoral urban development project aims to support extreme poor living on the Pavement; in Squatter settlements and undeveloped slums in Dhaka and Chittagong cities to help them move out of extreme poverty. This is a 5-year project funded by Irish Aid to be implemented till December 2021.
Currently, Concern is looking for suitable candidate for the following position under the ILUEP Programme:
Gender Coordinator (01 Position) - Based in Dhaka:
The Gender Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the promotion of gender, equality & and addressing Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) under the project and gender practices across the organization. S/he is responsible for enabling the target communities through partners’ increased capacity, help ensuring their own rights and entitlements, reduce gender inequalities and violence and support the organisation leading a positive change in the lives of extremely poor people.
Major areas of responsibility:
- Ensuring that gender, GBV and equality approaches are promoted at organizational level by strengthening institutional mechanisms.
- Ensuring that attitude and behaviour changes are accepting of gender equality, women and girls empowerment, women’s control over decision making & resource usage amongst the target participants under ILUEP Programme.
- Ensuring that the best practices and lessons learned from gender mainstreaming and GBV Based Approach activities are applied within and outside of the organisation.
- Ensuring that programme utilizes the skills, knowledge and experiences of those who have shown best practice and innovation in delivering impact on poor people’s lives.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to ensure excellence within Concern’s work and that it is captured, promoted and disseminated.
- Master’s in Gender Studies, or in other relevant disciplines.
- Specific training on equality, gender, GBV, human rights and Rights Based Approaches.
- At least 8 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in equality gender & GBV Based programmes.
- Experience of incorporating gender, equality, GBV etc. in designing of new programmes.
- Proven track record of capacity building of PNGOs, managing partnerships and working with govt. stakeholders at meso and macro levels.
- Work experience within the urban context with the Extreme Poor would be an added advantage.
Salary for this position: As per organisation’s policy
Job Description: Click here for download.
If you feel that your qualification and experience matches with our requirements, and you have a shared commitment to Concern’s values, please forward your updated CV along with a cover letter justifying your suitability to: Concern Worldwide, Human Resources Department, House # 15 SW (D), Road # 07, Gulshan-1, Dhaka-1212 or by email to: email@example.com
Concern values diversity in the workplace and is a committed equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of gender, race, family or marital status, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, class, caste or religion. Anyone working for Concern must agree to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and the Programme Participant Protection Policy. Each of which is intended to ensure the appropriate behaviour of Concern staff and ensure the maximum protection of programme participants. As per Concern policy, any staff member can be assigned to emergency response at any time.
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Concern has a Code of Conduct and a Programme Participant Protection Policy to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from abuse and exploitation.
Please mark the position applied for on the envelope OR in the email subject line.
Any canvassing will result in disqualification
Closing date for applications: April 27, 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview