2.1 ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT.
In response to the Rohingya refugee flow since 25 August 2017, which exceeded 400 thousand as of today, they are scattered over six makeshift settlement, six new spontaneous settlement and two host community locations, which resulted on activation of ‘’Emergency Level 3’’.
UNHCR Office in Bangladesh mobilized efforts to assist the Government in identifying the needs and protection concerns of the refugees. UNHCR coordinates and promotes the implementation of its mandate within the the model of the Comprehensive Refugee response framework (CRRF), with the government, civil society (IPs and Ops) and other relevant international and national stakeholders to provide protection and assistance to the hundreds of thousands of women, men, boys and girls who continue to arrive in Bangladesh and leaves under very compelling human and protection conditions.
2.2 FUNCTIONAL STATEMENT.
- Proposals may directly affect the accuracy, reliability and acceptability of further processes of services.
- Decisions are limited to methods of work or individual cases.
- Errors would normally cause damage to the objectives of the immediate organizational unit in terms of time, quality or money.
- Participates in maintaining relations and coordinating activities with the Government, other UN agencies, embassies and NGOs in order to promote /implement UNHCR’s objectives and activities.
- Provide suggestions concerning policy matters in the area of responsibilities and ensure coordinated information flow and information-sharing on UNHCR’s operations.
- Assists in organizing and implementing seminars or training programmes for target groups (government officials, etc.)
- Respond to queries from Government Officials, NGOs, individuals, etc. and provide the information required or appropriately refer the queries elsewhere.
- Assist the Representative in preparation of statements that represent UNHCR's overall policies and which highlight specific area of concern, ensuring that the Representative is prepared for meetings/missions by providing relevant information and establishing contacts.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Within UNHCR - To give, obtain and exchange information requiring discussion and explanation.
- With External partie - To persuade and obtain assistance of others on matters of non-routine significance.
2.4 ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
- Education: Undergraduate degree (equivalent of a BA/BS) in Political Science, Economics, Law, Business Administration or related field.
- Job Experience: Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another UN language.
2.5 DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Computer skills
Submission of application:
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to submit their applications with complete Personal History Form and Supplementary Pages via online UNHCR Bangladesh Job Portal www.unhcr.io/jobs.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for an interview and written test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Deadline for submission of application: 11 December 2017.