Room to Read is an International non-profit organization. We envision a world in which all children can pursue quality education, reach their full potential and contribute to their community and the world. We work in collaboration with communities and local governments and partner organizations across Asia and Africa to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the life skills. Room to Read currently work in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, Vietnam, Indonesia, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Tanzania, Rwanda, Granada and Jordan.
Room to Read invites applications for the following positions for a three year Project on Reading Advancement in partnership with UN World Food Program (WFP) funded by United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). The program will be implemented in Ukhia and Kutubdia Upazilas under Cox’s Bazar district.
Literacy Program Officer
(1 position based in Ukhia and 2 position based in Kutubdia under Cox's Bazar district)
The Literacy Program Officer works as technical lead on literacy skills and the habit of reading at upazila level and coordinates closely with the district field office to ensure successful implementation of the Project on Reading Advancement activities. This position reports to the Senior Literacy Program Officer and provide technical supervision to the Literacy Facilitators of the partner organizations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for implementing reading improvement activities under Project on Reading Advancement to a certain number of schools;
- Coordinate and facilitate upazila level workshops, training and other events for field level staff, Head teachers, Teachers, SMC members, as per program design and implementation calendar;
- Provide support to partner organization in organizing, training and events at upazila and school level;
- Coordinate to ensure timely distribution of learning materials to the schools;
- Make regular visit to the schools and provide technical feedbacks on improvement of program quality to the Literacy Facilitators and to the teachers;
- Take initiative for professional development of partner staff;
- Report timely implementation of the project targets;
- Master’s Degree in Education/ Project Management/ Social Science/Child Development or any other relevant subject;
- Minimum of 5 years’ related work experience;
- Strong planning, budgeting, supervisory, training management and facilitation skills;
- Good knowledge and understanding of education issues and priorities;
- Strong interpersonal communication, language and computer skills.
We offer competitive salary. The benefits include:
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Bonus
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through https://osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RoomToRead/job/Bangladesh---Remote/Literacy-Program-Officer_R-00464 on or before 09 December 2017. Any persuasion attempt will disqualify your candidacy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying & developing
the skills & leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
“Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply”