Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible in the structural design and supervision of building structures.
- Execute civil and structural calculation conforming applicable codes and standards.
- Create structural plans for various construction projects, following all building and safety codes.
- Adjustment of the design during the construction process
- Work also involves examining structures on site or supervising the structural integrity of those being built.
- Checking and coordinate with Architect on the drawings and specification during Design and before passing them for actual construction on site.
- To control all supervision of contracts at site.
- Monitor site instruction, weekly and monthly progress reports for the works carried out and issue site instructions to the contractor in consultation with Manager.
- Should keep up to date in building materials and technology.
- Arrange for tests of materials used in works.
- To make regular check and inspections on sites and ensure that the work is carried out in accordance with contract requirements and that safety measures are observed during the construction stage and prepare report on quality and quantity of the output.
- Arrange meetings to discuss the involvement of each specialist within the job team during the construction period.
- Monitor, prepare and control correspondence relating to project under construction.
- Make him-self available for discussion with project Architect, specialist engineers on arising matters related to the project.
- To cooperate with the Architect and Manager for approval of material and color schemes.
- To ensure the revision of drawings with required speed, when any problem arises during the construction, to guaranty the progress of work.
- In case of any change in the design during the construction stage, and communicate this to the Manager and designer if necessary. Also to follow-up the matter with designer till the works are accomplished within the targeted dates.
- Analyzing suitable configurations of the basic structural components of a building or other structure;
- Calculating the pressures, stresses and strains that each component, such as a beam or lintel, is likely to experience from other parts of the structure or external pressures, such as wind and waves;
- Considering the strength of different materials, concrete, steel, wood to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design;
- Examining structures that are at risk of collapse and advising on measures to be taken to improve their structural integrity,
- Applying expert knowledge of the forces that act on various structures.
- Age 25 to 35 years
- B.Sc./ Diploma in Civil Engineering from any reputed university/ institution
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Able to act on own initiative encases of emergencies decision
- Full degree in civil engineering and at least 5 years professional experience
- Must have a successful professional record of structure design and supervision experience in project control at site
- Knowledge in MS Project, AutoCAD, MS Office
Salary & Benefits: Salary negotiable and other benefits as per company policy
Job location: Narayanganj