As a service provider with worldwide operations in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions. GIZ is a public-benefit federal enterprise and supports the German Government as well as many public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security.
For the team of “GIZ Office Dhaka” we seek applications from suitable candidates for the position of “Senior Advisor- Communications and Knowledge Management”.
Job Location: Dhaka
Contract Duration: : Initially for 1 Year (with possibility to extend further)
The Senior Advisor - Communications and Knowledge Management is responsible for:
- Internal Communications
- External Communications
- Knowledge Management
In this context, the Senior Advisor – Communications and Knowledge Management performs the following tasks:
1. Internal Communications
- Develop, adapt and implement the GIZ BD Communication Strategy and Action Plan.
- Ensure that PR related information is communicated to relevant staff.
- Contribute articles for the ‘GIZ Bangladesh Newsletter’ and act as a member of ‘editorial panel’.
- Check the ‘email@example.com’ email and disseminate the information to the relevant people.
- Coordinate with Corporate Communications on articles for the GIZ Intranet and provide editorial input on other information for GIZ media.
- Organise and coordinate PR focal persons’ meetings.
- Advise in developing project communication strategies and PR materials and planning events.
- Assure the quality of communication materials developed by projects or programmes, in terms of following the GIZ and BMZ corporate design guidelines.
- Update the PR presentation and represent the PMC unit at the introductory, orientation and sharing sessions.
- Archive relevant communications documents in DMS (incl. LAN).
- Write articles for the Intranet, GIZ website, and other internal and external media and events.
2. External Communications
- Produce and update PR materials (e.g. country brochures, factsheets, advertising materials, PowerPoint presentations) in accordance with GIZ standards.
- Set up, and develop content for the Extended Country Pages.
- Update the content in the Bangladesh page of the GIZ website, coordinate and advise on the online presentation of projects and programmes.
- Support to strategic and crisis communication.
- Coordinate and cooperate with key external stakeholders related to PR.
- Coordinate international media activities in the country in collaboration with Corporate Communications (possibly also project/programme activities).
- Compile information materials for the international media (basic material and for specific occasions) and distribute these in consultation with Corporate Communications.
- Manage press events with international media and attend events involving them.
3. Knowledge Management
- Assess the knowledge management needs of GIZ BD
- Draft and finalise the concept and action plan and thereafter implement it.
- Organise orientation sessions on knowledge management for relevant staff members.
- Organise sharing sessions on knowledge management and available tools for mutual self-learning.
- Organise DMS training for staff members, who are responsible for maintaining the DMS folders of their respective projects/programmes.
- Coordinate the production of a document on knowledge management system and guidelines and disseminate it to staff members.
- Coordinate the working team on knowledge management.
4. Backing to Portfolio Management
- Coordinate delegations with support from the projects, when necessary.
- Assist in quality assurance on ProDoc, IA, if necessary.
- Act as the Gender Focal Person for the Country Office and share related information. from HQ, contribute to the development of the Gender Working Group’s work plan and oversee implementation (as per Gender Focals’ ToR).
- Do a quality check of the gender analysis against the brief assessment / offer and sign the Safeguards & Gender Checklist.
C. Qualifications, Competences and Experience
- Master of Business Administration or Master in Communications, Public Relations, Mass Communications and Journalism, Marketing.
- At least 12 years’ professional experience in the field of communication.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Ability to express oneself well both verbally and in writing; in a polished, target-group oriented style.
- Experience in editing and writing articles and press releases.
- Experience in working with media agencies.
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
- Knowledge of graphics applications is an asset.
- Finely-tuned organisational skills and ability to work on one’s own initiative at the conception level.
- Should be a team player with a strong ability to maintain networks.
- Very good knowledge of English.