Room to Read is an International non-profit organization. We envision a world in which all children can pursue quality education, reach their full potential and contribute to their community and the world. We work in collaboration with communities and local governments and partner organizations across Asia and Africa to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the life skills. Room to Read currently work in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, Vietnam, Indonesia, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Tanzania, Rwanda, Granada and Jordan.
Room to Read invites applications for the following positions for a three year Project on Reading Advancement in partnership with UN World Food Program (WFP) funded by United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). The program will be implemented in Ukhia and Kutubdia Upazilas under Cox’s Bazar district.
Senior Literacy Program Officer
(To be based in Cox's Bazar to support program implementation in Ukhia & Kutubdia)
The Senior Literacy Program Officer works as technical lead on literacy skills and the habit of reading, and coordinates closely with the Country Office Technical Teams to ensure successful implementation of the Project on Reading Advancement activities. This position reports to the Project Manager and supervises Literacy Program Officers and Associate based in Ukhia and Kutubdia.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, organize and facilitate district level workshops, training and other events for field level staff, resource pool and district level literacy forum as per program design and implementation calendar;
- Coordinate with district level government officials, donor, partner organization and other stakeholders regards to technical aspects of the project;
- Work with Project Manager to ensure timely government approvals of field level activities;
- Coordinate to ensure timely distribution of learning materials to the project locations;
- Make regular visit to the project locations and provide technical feedbacks on improvement of program quality;
- Supervise and provide professional development support to the Literacy Program Officers, and Associate;
- Take initiative for professional development of partner staff;
- Report timely implementation of the project targets;
- Master’s Degree in Education/ Project Management/ Social Science/Child Development or any other relevant subject;
- Minimum of 7 years’ related work experience;
- Strong planning, budgeting, supervisory, training management and facilitation skills;
- Good knowledge and understanding of education issues and priorities;
- Strong interpersonal communication, language and computer skills.
We offer competitive salary. The benefits include:
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Bonus
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through https://osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RoomToRead/job/Bangladesh---Remote/Senior-Literacy-Program-Officer_R-00463 on or before 09 December 2017. Any persuasion attempt will disqualify your candidacy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying & developing
the skills & leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
“Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply”