Room to Read is a US based international non-profit organization. We envision a world in which all children can pursue a quality education, reach their full potential and contribute to their community and the world. To achieve this goal, we focus on two areas where we believe we can have the greatest impact: literacy and gender equality in education. We work in collaboration with communities and local governments and partner organizations across Asia and Africa to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the life skills they’ll need to succeed in school and beyond. Room to Read currently work in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam, and Zambia. To learn more about Room to Read, please visit www.roomtoread.org.
Room to Read is working in Bangladesh since 2008. We are inviting applications from Bangladeshi nationals to work in the following regular position:
Library Management Facilitator
(Based in Natore and Dhaka District)
The Library Management Facilitator (LMF) works with multiple schools to crate highly functioning libraries. S/he collaborates with school stakeholders to set up new libraries, monitor library usage, and coach librarians and principals to improve library operations and family and community engagement with the libraries. The LMF reports to the Literacy Program Operations Officer and the LMF has no direct reports. This position is based in Natore and Dhaka District.
Roles & responsibilities
- Advises and guides school librarians to set up new libraries, including book labeling and classification systems, check-out systems, furniture arrangements, and creation of a library period timetable;
- Ensures annual delivery of books is received and incorporated into library systems;
- Regularly observes library management practices and systems of designated libraries;
- Coaches librarian to address library management challenges as they arise;
- Collaborates with school to support minor improvements to the library space;
- Collaborates with school principals to improve management of and family and community engagement in libraries;
- Collaborates with librarian, principal, and community to develop sustainability plan for managing library and acquiring new books after Room to Read’s support ends;
- Coordinates with the Literacy Coach to share information about the quality of library management at designated libraries;
- Participates in regular librarian training related to the use of the library;
- Supports library stakeholders to implement successful and meaningful literacy events, parent meetings and other community activities;
- Participates in regular review meetings and any other activities which may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization;
- Collects and tracks library monitoring data to identify ways to improve the operations of the designated libraries and ensure timely and accurate reporting to stakeholders;
- Documents best practices and lessons learned and shares with the Literacy program team.
- Bachelor’s degree on Education, Social Science, Business Management and other related field;
- 1-2 years of relevant working with Development project preferred;
- Ability to monitor progress of program implementation;
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- Willingness & ability to visit program sites extensively;
- Skill & experience of working with e-communication & people with diverse culture;
- Strong communication skills in Bangla and English;
- Excellent computer operating skill,
- Ability to work under pressure,
- Comfortable in a performance-based organization working with low overhead budget;
- Proven track record of achieving results;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
We offer competitive salary. The benefits include:
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Bonus
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities. The most significant benefit is the opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing international organizations, which has sole focus on education & continuously innovating efficient & effective social entrepreneurship
Send application & resume (please use your name in naming CV) to Senior Manager – Human Resources, Room to Read Bangladesh through email with the applied position’s title in the subject line to email@example.com on or before 08 December 2017. Any persuasion attempt will disqualify your candidacy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying & developing
the skills & leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
“Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply”