Room to Read is a US based international non-profit organization. We envision a world in which all children can pursue a quality education, reach their full potential and contribute to their community and the world. To achieve this goal, we focus on two areas where we believe we can have the greatest impact: literacy and gender equality in education. We work in collaboration with communities and local governments and partner organizations across Asia and Africa to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the life skills they’ll need to succeed in school and beyond. Room to Read currently work in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam, and Zambia. To learn more about Room to Read, please visit www.roomtoread.org.
Room to Read is working in Bangladesh since 2008. We are inviting applications from Bangladeshi nationals to work in the following regular position:
Social Mobilizer, Girls' Education Program
(Based in Natore and Dhaka District)
The Social Mobilizer (SM) is the primary point of contact for girls in the Girls’ Education Program. This position reports to Program Officer, GEP. The Social Mobilizer has no direct reports.
Roles & responsibilities
- Organize Room to Read’s life skills sessions with girls and support them to use such skills in their lives;
- Serve as a positive role model and mentor to girls by facilitating monthly group mentoring discussions;
- Organize group for conducting Life Skills sessions and Group Mentoring Sessions;
- Plan, Organize and conduct recovery Life Skill Education and Parents workshop sessions;
- Conduct an introductory home visit with parents of all new girls in the Girls’ Education Program;
- Provide Individual mentoring support;
- Participate in module trainings on Girls’ Education Program content and activities. These trainings will be led by the Program Officer;
- Participate in regular trainings and meetings with Room to Read staff, as planned;
- Monitor and keep written records of girls including school attendance, academic performance, and participation in program activities. Work closely with the School Focal Point (main contact person at the school) to regularly obtain this data as needed;
- Prepare Report in monthly basis;
- Assist the Program Associate and/or Program Officer in conducting life skills assessments of Girls’ Education Program participants, as needed;
- Prepare and submit regular reports to the Program Officer and Program Associate, as needed;
- Track and submit all program activity expenses and invoices;
- Bachelors’ in social science, Women & Gender studies, Social work, Education or other related field
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience and/or interest working with and or counseling adolescent girls.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Desire and ability to spend a significant majority of time traveling and providing direct support to girls at the school, community, or home.
- Fluency in language spoken by girls.
We offer competitive salary. The benefits include:
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Bonus
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities.
Send application & resume (please use your name in naming CV) to Senior Manager – Human Resources, Room to Read Bangladesh through email with the applied position’s title in the subject line to email@example.com on or before 08 December 2017. Any persuasion attempt will disqualify your candidacy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying & developing
the skills & leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
“Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply”