Room to Read is a US based international non-profit organization. We envision a world in which all children can pursue a quality education, reach their full potential and contribute to their community and the world. To achieve this goal, we focus on two areas where we believe we can have the greatest impact: literacy and gender equality in education. We work in collaboration with communities and local governments and partner organizations across Asia and Africa to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the life skills they’ll need to succeed in school and beyond. Room to Read currently work in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam, and Zambia. To learn more about Room to Read, please visit www.roomtoread.org.
Room to Read is working in Bangladesh since 2008. We are inviting applications from Bangladeshi nationals to work in the following regular position:
Literacy Program Assistant
(Based in Dhaka District)
This position directly reports to Literacy Program Officer and has no direct reports. Literacy Program Assistant supports the administration parts of process & office manages. This position will also involve frequent travel to project sites, and close coordination with local partners, vendors thus requires strong communication and coordination skills.
Roles & responsibilities
- Ensures schools receive materials and furniture at the appropriate time;
- Organizes all logistics (i.e., invitations/coordination of attendees, venues, transportation, lodging, meals, etc.) for Literacy program trainings for RtR staff, teachers, and librarians;
- Monitors progress of implementation calendar, budget, annual plan, and overall tracking of program implementation and spending;
- Reviewand consolidates all reports on the status and progress of project sites to submit to LPO;
- Collect program implementation monitoring reports, enters and consolidates required data, reviews results and submit to Field Manager;
- Responsible for data entry of data into GSD for assigned schools; psrovides regular updates and analysis;
- Involve frequent travel to project sites, and close coordination with local partners, vendors thus requires strong communication and coordination skills.
- Bachelor Degree in education / social sciences or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in development projects, preferably in education
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
We offer competitive salary. The benefits include:
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Bonus
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through https://osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RoomToRead/job/Bangladesh-Dhaka/Literacy-Program-Assistant_R-00441 on or before 08 December 2017. Any persuasion attempt will disqualify your candidacy.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying & developing
the skills & leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
“Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply”