Room to Read is a global organization transforming the lives of millions of children in low-income countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. Founded in 2000 on the belief that World Change Starts with Educated Children®, our innovative model focuses on deep, systemic transformation within schools in low-income countries during two time periods which are most critical in a child’s schooling: early primary school for literacy acquisition and secondary school for girls’ education. We work in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations and governments to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children and ensure girls can complete secondary school with the skills necessary to negotiate key life decisions. By focusing on the quality of education provided within the communities and ensuring these outcomes are measured, we have created a model that can be replicated, localized and sustained by governments. Room to Read has benefited 10 million children across 17,000 communities in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam and Zambia, and aims to reach 15 million children by 2020.
Room to Read is working in Bangladesh since 2008. We are inviting applications from Bangladeshi nationals for the position of Program Operations Director:
Program Operations Director
(Based in Country Office in Dhaka and Reports to the Country Director)
- Direct and ensure efficient and timely management of program development lead by Technical Team, finalizing Implementation Calendar taking inputs from Technical Team and coordinating bimonthly joint meetings;
- Leading the annual planning and budgeting process in conjunction with the technical team;
- Leading the periodic review and updating of the program budget;
- Ensuring implementation of School Infrastructure Program;
- Coordination and leadership on procurement, inventory management, and distribution;
- Overseeing & facilitating donor reporting and data entry in our Database;
- Timely reporting of implementation to the Country Management Team and Regional and Global Office;
- Collaborate with HR department in recruiting and capacity building of field staff;
- Visit project sites to support and supervise program implementation;
- Collaborate with the Programs and Research, Monitoring and Evaluation team;
- Provide organizational, governmental and donor reports;
- Identify and share program trends and best practices to Technical staffs;
- Provide updates on program implementation and plans to the Country Director;
- Annual project permission and fund release approvals from NGO affairs bureau, Directorate of Primary & Secondary Education & other government bodies and manage relationship with them;
- Identifying and selection of partners and program implementation & reporting are in place as per the MOU;
- Collaborate with relevant in-country, and global office staff to strengthen and improve program impact and sustainability;
- Represent Room to Read at relevant meetings and assist in planning and hosting donor visits;
- Supervise and coach the Operations Officer, Admin Manager, Program Manager- School Infrastructure and Field Manager(s).
Position Specific Requirements
- Master’s degree required in a related field of study in Business, Management or other related field;
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience, including 3 years working in a senior management role;
- Working knowledge and understanding of project management methodology
- Strong planning, budgetary, supervising, and project implementation;
- Ability to travel regularly to project sites and Field offices throughout the Country;
- Direct and indirect project implementation experience;
- Ability to develop a working relationship with relevant government departments
- Willingness & ability to visit program sites extensively;
- Skill & experience of working with e-communication & people with diverse culture;
- Strong communication skills in Bangla and English;
- Excellent computer operating skill;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Comfortable in a performance-based organization working with low overhead budget;
- Proven track record of achieving results;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
To be successful as a member of the Room to Read team, you will also:
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic non-profit organization
- Be an innovative and creative thinker; you’re not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Compensation: We offer competitive salary.
The benefits include:
- Provident Fund;
- 13th Month Bonus;
- Discretionary Performance Bonus;
- Health coverage including spouse and children;
- Professional Development opportunities.
The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through https://osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RoomToRead/job/Bangladesh---Main---Dhaka/Program-Operations-Director_R-00276 on or before 1 July 2017. Any persuasion attempt will disqualify your candidacy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying & developing
the skills & leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
“Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply”