Room to Read is a US based international non-profit organization. We envision a world in which all children can pursue a quality education, reach their full potential and contribute to their community and the world. To achieve this goal, we focus on two areas where we believe we can have the greatest impact: literacy and gender equality in education. We work in collaboration with communities and local governments and partner organizations across Asia and Africa to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the life skills they’ll need to succeed in school and beyond. Room to Read currently work in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam, and Zambia. To learn more about Room to Read, please visit www.roomtoread.org.
Room to Read is working in Bangladesh since 2008. We are inviting applications from Bangladeshi nationals to work in the following regular position:
(Based in Dhaka Country Office and Reports to the Senior Manager- Research, Monitoring & Evaluation)
The main responsibility is to monitor field level activities, cross check reported data with primary source, provide on job training on data collection, data archiving, data analysis and reporting. Additional responsibilities are assisting to design, develop and revised monitoring system including, Logical Framework, M&E Framework, indicator matrix, monitoring and reporting tools for all of Room to Read’s programs in collaboration with the Country, Regional & Global staff. Another responsibility is to archiving program data and data entry in electronic data base. The position is Dhaka-based but requires frequent travel (40% in a month) to field. This position is reportable to Senior Manager, Research, Monitoring and Evaluation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cross check reported data with primary data source and ensure quality of data uploading in the electronic database
- Provide on job training on data collection, data archiving, data analysis and reporting
- Archiving program data, analysis data and prepare different presentation illustrating trend
- Collect and compile staff field visit report and prepare presentation based on finding share
- Support to conduct RR Rating including data collection, data entry and report preparation;
- Support to collect Annual GI Data collection for School Room;
- Assist to RM&E and program team for data collection, data quality, data entry and data analysis
- Assist to conduct research work
- Travel to field regularly to oversee the implementation of program collect findings and share with program
- Participate different program and events of RtR
- At least Bachelor’s degree from a reputed university, major in statistics will added value
- At least two years of experience in monitoring and research work including, data collection, data quality, data entry and managing database
- Strong knowledge in office software as well as database software such as MS Access, Excel is a must
- Experience and comfort using computers and web-based applications
- Experience using some kind of customized and/or project database such as SFDC (not required, but a big plus)
- Comprehensive knowledge of current developments and techniques in managing database system
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions will be a plus
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables is a plus
We offer competitive salary. The benefits include:
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Bonus
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities. The most significant benefit is the opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing international organizations, which has sole focus on education & continuously innovating efficient & effective social entrepreneurship.
To be successful as a member of the Room to Read team, you will also:
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic non-profit organization
- Be an innovative and creative thinker – not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through https://osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RoomToRead/job/Bangladesh---Main---Dhaka/Monitoring-Associate_R-00222-1 on or before 21 May 2017. Any persuasion attempt will disqualify your candidacy.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying & developing
the skills & leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
“Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply”