Room to Read is a US based international non-profit organization. We envision a world in which all children can pursue a quality education, reach their full potential and contribute to their community and the world. To achieve this goal, we focus on two areas where we believe we can have the greatest impact: literacy and gender equality in education. We work in collaboration with communities and local governments and partner organizations across Asia and Africa to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the life skills they’ll need to succeed in school and beyond. Room to Read currently work in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam, and Zambia. To learn more about Room to Read, please visit www.roomtoread.org.
Room to Read is working in Bangladesh since 2008. We are inviting applications from Bangladeshi nationals to work in the following regular position:
Communication and Documentation Officer
(Based in Dhaka Country Office and Reports to the Country Director)
Communication & Documentation Officer is responsible for overall communication and documentation related activities of Room to Read Bangladesh including communication strategy and material development, donor visit management, report, media communication, sharing information, proper documentation of program processes and learning, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate strategy, planning and reporting of communication and documentation works of Room to Read Bangladesh.
- Plan and coordinate donor visits and donor communication;
- Plan and coordinate public relation events and other media communication as well as marketing and promotion activities to enhance the public image of the organization and generate supports for Room to Read Bangladesh;
- Plan and develop various communication materials including using of usage Research and Monitoring and Evaluation data for preparing various presentations and fact sheet for sharing;
- Ensure legal and policy compliance of Room to Read BD’s communication and documentation works;
- Visit projects with Bangladesh Program Teams in order to keep up to date with situation in the field, discuss new ideas and learn from what is happening in the field and help the team to write anecdotes;
- Collect stories, photographs and video from the field during site visits to share with Asia Regional Office and Global Office for global marketing publications, blogs and other needs;
- Maintain good working relationships with key media people and help communicate all important events to San Francisco and Asia Regional Communications Teams;
- Monitor and manage all information flow mechanisms and assist the managers in country when necessary to write special reports for project evaluation or project closure;
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings, workshops with NGOs, MoEt etc. when needed.
- Master Degree in relevant fields (International Relations, Mass Communication, Communication or Journalism, Marketing etc.)
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience with NGOs, UN agency or any other development sector.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Editing, especially the ability to reduce large volumes of complex information into accessible and brief communication products.
- Ability to travel frequently to provinces throughout country.
- Excellent inter-personable skills
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to work without close supervision.
- Sound computer operating skill
- Good knowledge and understanding Bangladesh’s education issues, economic and development of the country.
- Experience of managing international visits
- Ability to solve problems quickly
- Strong public speaking skills for training and presentations
- Ability to perform multi-task
To be successful as a member of the Room to Read team, you will also:
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming non-profit organization
- Be an innovative and creative thinker; you’re not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
We offer competitive salary. The benefits include:
Professional Development opportunities. The most significant benefit is the opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing international organizations, which has sole focus on education & continuously innovating efficient & effective social entrepreneurship.
- Provident Fund 10% of Gross salary (Organization contribution), applicable from the day of joining
- 13th Month Bonus, equivalent to one month gross salary
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Gratuity, equivalent to one month gross salary per year
- Health coverage including spouse and children
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through https://osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RoomToRead/job/Bangladesh---Main---Dhaka/Communication---Documentation-Officer_R-00221 on or before 21 May 2017. Any persuasion attempt will disqualify your candidacy.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying & developing
the skills & leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
“Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply”