As a service provider with worldwide operations in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions. GIZ is a public-benefit federal enterprise and supports the German Government as well as many public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security.
For the team of “GIZ Office Dhaka” we seek applications from suitable candidates for the position of “Portfolio Management Officer”.
Job Location: Dhaka
Contract Duration: Initially for 1 Year (with possibility to extend further)
The Portfolio Officer
In this context, the Portfolio Officer performs the following tasks:
- Updates and achieves Portfolio Management related list/documents (in hardcopy, local server and DMS).
- Supports for Liaison and Relationship Management with ERD and Planning Commission
- Supports to Quality Assurance in Commission Management, Advisory for GIZ BD Portfolio Management.
- Performs other related work, as required.
1. Supporting for Liaison and Relationship Management with ERD and Planning Commission
2. Supporting to Quality Assurance in Commission Management, Advisory for GIZ BD Portfolio Management
- Supports in preparing MoU and assures quality of the Agreed Minutes, Project Document (ProDoc) and Implementation Agreement (IA).
- Keeps the files related to Portfolio Management (e.g. hardcopy, local server and DMS) updated and archived for all the time.
- Updates the Addressbook of the national project directors and project coordinating officers for all the time.
- Updates the expenditure disbursement on ERD’s Aid Information Management System (AIMS) on a quarterly basis.
- Supports in exchanging of information in the JF with ERD regularly and implementing the decisions, as and when applicable.
- Supports to the Government Consultations and Negotiations > TC Agreement, as and where necessary.
- Supports in harmonization of cooperation and coordination between BMZ / GIZ / GoB procedures for project formulation, preparation and implementation smoothly.
- Supports in implementing the GIZ-supported project, “Strengthening the Capacity of the Economic Relations Division (ERD) of the Ministry of Finance – Improving Bangladesh-German Cooperation”.
- Provides support to missions and/or delegates and organize appointments / meetings of the relevant stakeholders (incl. accompany), as and when necessary.
- Supports in coordinating overall issues related to Integrated Experts (CIM) and Development Workers (EH) and advises AVs on related matters, including liaising with potential partners, if necessary.
- Supports in organizing any event, training, workshop by the Portfolio Management and Communications (PMC) Unit (incl. minutes writing), as and when necessary.
- Keeps the project list with address and qualitative portfolio overview) updated and archive those in DMS on a regular basis.
- Monitors and assures the relevant project data registered in PBS remain updated.
- Support in organizing the country-planning process and meetings of Extended MTM.
- Prepares the “infoletter” for the projects and ensures that those are archived accordingly.
- Supports the establishment of the instruments development worker and integrated experts in the portfolio, including mission support, when necessary.
- Compiles of information, as well as other ad-hoc support tasks for portfolio management.
C. Required Qualifications, Competences and Experience
Qualifications (Formal Education)
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business or public administration, finance, development studies, or related area.
At least 2-year professional experience in a comparable position
Other Knowledge, Additional Competences
- finely tuned organisational skills and ability to work on one’s own initiative at the conception level.
- very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- multicultural awareness, problem solving, fair knowledge of GoB system of project approval, high communication skills.
- good knowledge on GoB’s existing Rules of Business of various authorities, development policies etc.
- ability to work in an intercultural environment.
- should be a team player with a strong ability to maintain networks.
- ability to express oneself well both verbally and in writing, in a polished, target-group oriented style.
- experience in working with Government of Bangladesh Ministries and agencies.
- very good knowledge of English and Bangla.
- knowledge of German Language is an asset.