Job Description/ Responsibility:
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients with special attention to the women, girls, boys and men to ensure that their needs are met equally/pregnant women to ensure adequate check-ups during antenatal, childbirth and postnatal care.
- Explain medical procedures to the patients/ beneficiaries as well as establishing a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Provide treatment and active management of cases in IOM supported clinic under technical guidance and supervision of IOM Medical Officer
- Assist the patients in understanding their condition, medication with dose intervals and other doctor’s recommendation as well as teaching patient, friends, and family to understand self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assist Medical Doctor in conducting health examination including history taking, measurement, treatment, medicine management and dispensing, immunization and collating medical reports and also in performing medical procedure and referral including but not limited to other patient follow up and specimen collection when required.
- Guide and assist Queue Manager/ Support Staff in patient triage, infection control and prevention, patient counselling, cleanliness etc.
- Assist in outreach health programmes, coordinate with Health NGO partner and volunteers and support them in community health preventive activities.
- Maintain daily checklist of all medical and delivery equipment and medicines to ensure that all medical kits are ready and fully stocked, with all medical supplies organized, listed, and within the expiration period.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Documents patient care services by updating patient register and other records regularly. Also assist Medical Doctor in preparing the daily report for further submission.
- Assist Medical Doctor in identifying priority health needs and other activities including but not limited to regular diseases outbreak monitoring, collecting statistical information, take part in health awareness campaign, etc.
- Regularly maintain and update the record of patient care and other information related to patient. Assist medical doctor in preparing the daily report
- Participating in field missions out of duty station where required.
- Perform such other duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Job Type: Full time, Entry Level
- Diploma in Medical Faculty/ Paramedics/ Medical Assistant course from an accredited academic institution and recognized & registered by Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC).
- At least three (3) years’ experience in relevant clinical fields
- Previous experience in international organization is an advantage. Knowledge and experience with working in the field and medical emergency department and Trauma management will be added as advantage.
- Effectively applies knowledge on clinical skills, bedside manner, infection control, administering medication, phlebotomy, maintenance etc.
- Adequate practical knowledge on handling child delivery and its complication
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, and beneficiaries
- Familiar with MS Office package
Job Location: Teknaf, Ukhia
Salary Range: BDT 32,500