|Bandhu Social Welfare Society
Bandhu Social Welfare Society (Bandhu) started its journey in 1996 with a core objective to work for the wellbeing of sexual minority populations particularly gender diversified population. Bandhu ensures that the rights-based approach is inclusive in all its service deliveries and advocacy initiatives and in line with the international treaties and policies including UDHR and Yogyakarta Principles, a legal instrument on the application of International Human Rights Law in relation to Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (SOGI).
Bandhu through its substantive works in the area of sexual health and rights of sexual minority population has witnessed numerous cases of persistent violence, harassment and human rights violations against the communities and the number has been increasing alarmingly in the recent time.
Bandhu is looking for a qualified candidate for the following position of its partner Badhan Hijra Sangha (BHS).
Position Name: DIC Manager
- Monitor and supervise the activities of the DIC both program, finance and Administration
- Monitor and provide technical assistance to Sub-DIC and Outlet
- Prepare monthly work plan for the DIC and implement the activities as per approved Work plan
- Provide Support to line manager in revising Quarterly Work Plan for unachieved activity as well as any revision as per requirement.
- Prepare the progress reports both monthly and quarterly and ensure timely submission.
- Analyze the unachieved activities, take necessary measures for unachieved activities and provide feedback to line supervisor.
- Assess the overall quarterly clinic performance and report to the respective line supervisor.
- Monitor and control the allocated budget.
- Analyze the client flow both in the field and clinic levels and advise Supervisor (Program)/Peer Educator of related field and help implement steps for improving client flow both field and clinic especially when there is a low performance.
- Facilitate and develop the outreach/field program strategy and take initiative for continuous assessment of different locations and target population.
- Prepare duty roster for outreach/ field program and ensure that the fieldwork and clinic are held properly and regularly.
- Closely monitor and assess the performance of the Outreach supervisor cum counselor and Peer Educators and ensure the effective and efficient use of resources.
- Keep proper record & prepare monthly telephone monitoring report.
- Physically verify the Petty cash position regularly.
- Physically verify and store management of health products (condom, lubricant and medicine)
- Maintain and properly allocates fixed assets of the DIC
- Liaise with other HIV/AIDS prevention organizations at local level and update the activities following instruction from head office and participate in workshops, seminars and other activities, which are related to BHS.
- Be aware of the public and media attention on STI/HIV/AIDS issues, including sexual health prevention, treatment, care and support and maintain a positive and highly professional approach in any contact with the general public.
- Organize monthly staff meetings giving prior notice to all staff.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by Management.
- At least a Graduate / Master’s degree in Social Sciences with a bias in Project Management related studies from a recognized Institution
- Good knowledge in the utilization of Microsoft office programs
- Age At most 35 year(s)
- At least 3 years post qualification experience in sexual and reproductive health
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse population.
- Ability to exercise flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Ability to perform as a team leader.
- Demonstrate high level of decision making skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral and demonstrate good report writing skills
- Demonstrate organization and project management skills
- Ability to plan, evaluate and meet deadlines and good analytical skills with an eye for details
Salary: BDT 22,598.00
Job Location: Habiganj
GFATM- NFM Project named: "Continuation of the prioritized HIV Prevention Services among key populations in Bangladesh" Consortium partners of Badhan Hijra Sangha(BHS) of Bandhu Social welfare Society, Fund managed by ICDDR,B. Bandhu invites applications from qualified individuals through ''Bandhu job application form" is available under career section of Bandhu website at www.bandhu-bd.org. Please note that only applications filled in Bandhu format will be considered. Please email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20 July 2017.
Application must enclose his/her photograph and CV with attested all educational, experience certificate. Any persuasion will disqualify the candidates. Individuals from minority groups (Third Gender), indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence