Bandhu Social Welfare Society
Jan 25, 2017
Bandhu Social Welfare Society, a national NGO working on improving sexual and reproductive health and rights and well being of sexual minority population in Bangladesh is looking for a Team Leader for its GFATM, supported HIV/AIDS intervention Program.
This is a senior position in the organization directly reportable to Director of Program. The person will be responsible for managing the program and activities including management of NFM team. S/he will also extend support in devising plans, strategies and policies in terms of achieving the goals of the organization.
The position requires significant experience of program and partners management and the ability to monitor, evaluate, coordinate, and achieve program goals. Comprehensive knowledge is needed for preparing project proposals; budgets for both project and program. The person must be a strategic thinker as well as a team player and expected to possess excellent communication skills.
Apart from these, the ideal candidate should have the followings:
- Effective and efficient planning and implementation skill for program intervention
- Conceptualize, develop and implement assignments and activities
- Ensure quality implementation of intervention/activities through spending 40-50% time in the field in a routine manner and provide written feedback of all field visits.
- Participate in the preparation of the project policies, strategies, multi-year plans and work plans and overall strategic planning of organization.
- Assist PNGOs of the NFM project to ensure effective and efficient development and management of the project.
- Ensure uniform message is provided to project beneficiaries through PNGOs.
- Provide guidance to the team members in matters of resolving problems in the implementation of the assignment; develop checklist and mechanism for regular monitoring of the field activities and analyze the feedback.
- Organize/monitor regular internal meetings with stakeholders at the field level periodically.
- Produce and Disseminate Health Education message for the project.
- Monitor and track the achievement of overall intervention objectives.
- Review intervention related crucial problems which are forwarded by field staff and take necessary action.
- If required, keep program unit informed with recommendations on options of solution.
- Manage contracts with all PNGOs in & outside Dhaka to provide regular feedback to PNGOs.
- Program Performance management and capacity development:-
- Monitoring the project activities routinely especially.
- Ensure supervision and performance review of all PNGOs timely and appropriately done within the area of responsibilities.
- Plan/review progress and prepare performance report of all PNGOs.
- Identify staff training needs; ensure need-based training for respective groups/individuals timely and appropriately.
- Provide on the job training, coaching and mentoring to the project staff working in the field.
- Ensure that the staffs are kept abreast of the latest changes to the project strategies and activities.
- Ensure and promote team spirit among the staff members and maintain gender sensitivity.
- Effective and efficient use of project assets and resources:-
- Ensure preparation/revision of project annual budget according to budget guidelines and ensure timely submission to the program coordination office.
- Monitor and control budget performance and make necessary revision/adjustment and monitoring the burn rate of the project on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Oversee the preparation of budget variance reports.
- Ensure that local purchases and expenditures are done as per contract/policy.
- Information management
- Liaison with partner organization (GO/NGO) at local level to introduce/update project strategy and activities also assess program expansion activities in consultation with program coordination unit.
- Organize annual learning reflection workshop.
- Liaison with other NGOs/research institutes regarding cross border mobility and HIV vulnerability.
- Develop linkage with other stakeholders like other GFATM implementing partner and other NGOs etc.
- Finalize monthly, quarterly and project completion reports with assistance of professional staffs of the NFM project
- Ensure preparation of all periodic reports on implementation progress/MIS and its proper dissemination.
- Effectively coordinate with PNGO staff to ensure smooth and effective implementation
- Minimum 8 years experience in program & project management (NGO experience is preferred), which includes at least 5 years working experience in HIV/AIDS and/or Sexual and Reproductive Health related projects
- Candidates having working experience with sexual minority population or/ Competent candidate from sexual minority group may get preference.
- Fluency in both English and Bangla.
- Computer literacy, specifically MS Office.
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s): Program coordinator, Program Manager, Team Leader, Program Management Specialist
Preferred Business Area
NGO / Development
- As per organizational/project policy
- At least a Master`s degree in social sciences or any related field from a recognized Institution/ University.
- Advanced Degree in Public Health and/or a post graduate diploma in Project planning and management would be preferred.
Bandhu invites applications from qualified individuals. The application format can be found at www.bandhu-bd.org. Please note that only applications filled in as per Bandhu format will be considered. Please email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 25 Jan 2017. Any persuasion will disqualify the candidates. Internal and external applicants shall be treated equally in the entire selection process. Bandhu is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. For discussion on every related to this position, please send email to email@example.com within 25 Jan 2017.